Carrots and onions
Carrot and Tomato Soup
Time: 40 minutes total, 20 active
-a handful of chopped onion
-1lb large carrots (about 2 2/3 cups chopped)
-2 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes (undrained)
-2 1/2 cups water
-cumin, nutmeg, onion powder, black pepper- to taste
-1tsp lemon juice or 4 drops lemon extract
While waiting for the soup to boil, I added my spices
After boiling, the liquid is reduced slightly
1. Chop onion and carrots roughly
2. Saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Add a dash of onion powder.
3. Mix in carrots, add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil.
3. Add spices.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender (about 20 minutes).
5. Remove from heat. Puree in batches in a blender until smooth.6. Return to pot, heat and serve.
The finished product!