Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Mom's Baked Pork Chops!

This is part four of this blog post


My mother always used to make the best baked pork chops, but I think with my adaptations, I've one-upped her. These turned out so good. Juicy, tender, so flavourful. Delicious.

I made these for lunch yesterday while my friend, boyfriend and I were all moving my stuff in. It was a nice little lunch break and did not require very much fuss. Perfect for any casual lunch or dinner gathering.

Ingredients:
-Two cloves garlic, finely minced
-Three-four lemon slices
-Olive oil to coat the bottom of your skillet
-Four pork chops (I used boneless, but bone-in would be just as good. I just couldn't find any at my grocery store)
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-pinch each salt, pepper, onion powder
-1/2 tsp dry mustard
-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
-1 -10oz can tomato sauce
-1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet on medium heat.
3. Place pork chops in skillet and brown 5 mins each side. (I did this is batches of two, rinsing and drying the pot between batches). Remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl mix brown sugar, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
5. Mix minced garlic into tomato sauce.
6. Arrange pork chops in medium baking dish. Sprinkle each with equal parts of the lemon juice and season with brown sugar mixture. Cover with tomato sauce and add water to the baking dish.
7. Cover with foil, bake for about an hour or to an internal temp of 160*F.

I served this dish with seasoned rice and fresh green beans. The rice was just seasoned with basil and sage, and then I added some of the leftover red sauce from the pan to my plate of rice. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment