Black beans and rice is simple: cook rice, heat a can of blackbeans (undrained), mix together. Done! Plataconos though requires a little more work...
Plataconos on the left, fried plantains on the right
-A green plantain
-Oil for deep frying
1. Cut Plantains into 2-inch long sections. About 4-5 sections per plantain.
2. Deep fry on high until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, put in a ziplock bag, one section at a time, and flatten with the bottom of a pot.
4. Take flattened sections and deep fry until crispy.
5. Season with salt, serve with black beans and rice and enjoy!
Black beans and rice on my boyfriend's lap