Saturday, March 26, 2011

The best hybrid cookie ever! Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip!

Yum. These are so delicious and so addictive. So when you've finished eating a whole batch and feel fat, don't say I didn't warn you. You should probably now go grab a tissue as what you're about to see will probably make you drool...

(Also, take note: I bought a few things to help my photography
 (namely a white bristol board for one)...what do you think?)

I found a variation of this recipe on The Brown Eyed Baker, a very awesome blog, but when I went to make a mise en place I realized I had less peanut butter than I thought. So I substituted partly with Nutella, and omg I'm so glad I did. These are soft, chewy, and oh so flavourful, and has such a great texture thanks to the oats. 


Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Makes ~32 cookies (so long as you don't eat all the dough straight from the bowl!)
Ingredients:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
-1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temp. 
-1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/4 cup Nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread)
-1/3 cup light brown sugar
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 egg
-1/2 cup rolled oats 
-1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used milk)

Creaming all the deliciousness together

If you haven't already, preheat your oven to 350*F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (or line one and do this in batches). Set aside.
Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside. 
On medium speed, using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, peanut butter, Nutella, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. ~About three minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. 
On low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Stir in oats and chocolate chips with a spatula. 
These make quite big cookies and are deceptive because they spread out quite a ways. So I suggest using a heaping breakfast spoonful of the dough to make each cookie, and dropping the dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other. 
Bake 10 minutes- DO NOT OVER-BAKE. These cookies will not look "done" when they first come out of the oven, but they will continue to bake outside of the oven. If they are a little puffy, and the edges look set, they are ready. 
Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet, and then cool completely on wire rack... if you can manage to wait that long. Store in airtight container for up to one week. 


Stirring in the final goodness...

I made them a little too big and a little too close together
 for the first batch... but it turned out fine anyway

Om nom nom... 

Enjoy! 
And don't forget to subscribe!

Sorry guys for being so sporadic in posting, I've been completely swamped with work. I wake up way too early and get home way too late for my liking. When I get home I rarely want to do anything beyond sleep. But, luckily, my trip to Panama is less than a month away and once I get there I will be posting much more frequently. 

Speaking of work... look what I learned to do there:
Icing roses!
I hope to get better at cake decorating, even though I'm not a huge fan of cakes- I prefer making cup cakes or pies, and I also prefer eating cup cakes and pies,- because I want to be able to make really nice cakes for people's birthdays. 

Comment Questions: 
1. What'd you think of my photography in this post?
2. What is your favourite hybrid cookie recipe? Peanut butter chocolate chip? Chocolate sugar cookies?

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I am so sending this link to my mom so she can buy ingredients when she goes shopping tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very delicious. I am embarrassed to say how many I've eaten so far...

    ReplyDelete