Saturday, March 19, 2011

Strawberry shortcake, Appleberry pie... who's gonna be my lucky guy?

Remember when you were a kid and you used to jump rope to the rhyme "Strawberry shortcake, appleberry pie, who's gonna be my lucky guy? A, B, C...ect.?" Of course we all would purposely trip on the rope on the letter of the first name of the guy we liked. But what did that rhyme have to do with strawberry shortcake anyway? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that strawberry shortcake certainly does deserve some extra special attention.

Yum!

This is actually a very simple recipe. It's only 8 ingredients (not including the whipped cream or strawberries) and most of the time it takes to make this is baking time. It's really no sweat. Also the berries are looking really good these days so there really isn't any reason you shouldn't make this  A.S.A.P! 

Seriously how amazing do these berries look?!

The cake is nice and buttery, but not too heavy or sweet. The crust is slightly crunchy, while the middle is oh so soft and chewy. Top it with homemade whipped cream and some fresh, ripe strawberries and you have yourself a little slice of heaven. It's that good. 

Pound cake:
Ingredients:
-2 cups sugar
-2 cups flour 
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 cup butter, softened
-5 whole eggs
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional)

Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients excluding the eggs. Mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, being sure to beat well after each addition. 



Spoon into a well buttered bundt pan or bread loaf pan (I used the latter). Bake at 325*F for a bundt pan, uncovered. For a loaf pan, bake at 325*F for 40 mins, then cover with foil and bake for another 20 mins. Check for readiness using a toothpick. If not ready, re-cover with foil and bake an additional 10-15 mins. 

Nice and golden brown... yum

Turn over onto tin foil once done. Then using tin foil, turn over so it's the right way up onto a cooling rack. Serve with homemade whipped cream (heavy cream, a couple spoonfuls of icing sugar and a tsp vanilla), and fresh strawberries. 

Would you like a bite?
Enjoy!
And don't forget to subscribe!


Comment Questions:
1.What's one game you played as a child?
2.What's your favourite berry to use when in season?


7 comments:

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this
    board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a
    lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.


    Look at my site - speiseplan zum abnehmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
    own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

    Look at my web-site ... diät frühstück rezepte
    my site > sind erdnüsse bei der paleo dieät erlaubt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

    Also visit my weblog: xx-well diät
    Also see my web site: pulver zum abnehmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long)
    so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for rookie blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.



    Feel free to visit my web page; backrezepte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    my web site - Aroma Oel Massage

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone writes an post he/she keeps the thought of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it.
    So that's why this piece of writing is great. Thanks!

    Here is my homepage - aktien windkraft
    My site - Finanzberater Wiesbaden

    ReplyDelete