Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stuffed RED Peppers

When I make food I like to make A LOT of food. I love having plenty of leftovers. As I see it I have three options: 


  1. I can eat the same delicious meal again 
  2. I can create a new dish out of the leftovers
  3. I can freeze the leftovers and make an easy dinner in the future
Well tonight I used leftover sauce from this post to create this lovely and healthy dish. 

Stuffed Red Peppers


Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups uncooked rice +3 cups water
-2-4 medium red peppers (I only made two just for the two of us and there was plenty leftover sauce and rice and it could have easily fed 4 even with rice and sauce on the side for each person)

Sauce: 
Like I said, I used this sauce, but an easy red sauce could be whipped up in no time. 
-1 onion, chopped 
-4 tbsp olive oil
-8oz. ground beef
-Parsley, salt, pepper
-1 can tomato sauce ~21oz.

Plus:
-8oz mozzarella cheese to top 

Directions:
1. Cook rice as directed on box/bag
2. Preheat oven to 400*F. 
3. Cut off tops and remove seeds and membranes of red peppers so they resemble a bowl-like shape and arrange in a baking dish
4. Heat olive oil in skillet and brown ground beef with chopped onion
5. Add tomato sauce and spices, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. 
6. Spoon in rice, and then sauce into the peppers
7. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. 
8. Uncover, add mozzarella cheese to the tops of the peppers and put back in oven uncovered for 5 minutes. 

Serve with rice and extra sauce on the side.

 Tops cut off and seeded

 Stuffed with rice

Filled with sauce


Enjoy!
And Don't Forget To Subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. feed me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to come over and eat my food anytime!

    ReplyDelete