Turkey Burgers And Sweet Potato Fries
-1lb extra-lean ground turkey -heart healthy lean protein
~1/4 cup wheatgerm (start adding little by little, use more or less depending on how sticky it feels) high in plant sterols, much healthier than breadcrumbs, also adds fiber
-seasonings: parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and I also used some cajun seasoning- a dash or two each depending on preference
-1/4 cup finely shredded carrot -hidden veggies!
-2tbsp all purpose flour
1. Mix all ingredients except flour in bowl to combine. Form into 4 patties. Sprinkle patties with flour.
2. Cook in a skillet over medium heat, flipping twice, until nicely browned, firm and an internal temp of 180*F (82*C).
After all the ingredients are well mixed
Just starting to brown them
-1- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, (1 or 2 large potatoes) -1 serving equals OVER 400% your daily intake of vitamin A- a water soluble antioxidant!
-2 tbsp olive oil
-dash salt, nutmeg, cajun seasoning
My boyfriend chopping up the sweet potatoes
They burned a bit on the edges, but still tasted great.
I changed the recipe to avoid this from happening to you
1. Preheat oven to 400*F
2. Peel and chop potatoes- cut them into nice fat wedges, I find they don't burn as easily and turn out much better.
3. Drizzle olive oil and spices and toss to coat.
4. Place in an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, turning after 10 and checking for"doneness" often nearing the end.
And don't forget to Subscribe!
1. What is your favourite unhealthy food?
2. What is your favourite healthy food?
3. What are your tricks to try and eat more healthfully?