Monday, May 16, 2011

Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon

It was my friend's birthday party last night, and my favourite gift to give is always baked goods. Seeing as it's so hot here, I figured cookies would be my best bet so I asked Facebook what a good flavour would be. A lovely follower suggested simple sugar cookies, and I realized with some shock that I'd never posted a recipe for sugar cookies before! I wondered how that could even be possible since I've had an amazing stand-by recipe for years that I make, without fail, every Christmas. And while I couldn't find any pretty cookie tins to wrap these in, and therefore ended up getting my friend something else entirely, I figured I might as well still bake up a batch of these little pieces of heaven. I think any baked-good recipe that calls for a cup or more of butter can brighten just about anyone's day. These are a definite go-to recipe for gift giving!
Makes: About 3 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
-2 3/4 cup AP flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375*F. 
Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder. Set aside. 
Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Roll rounded tablespoonfuls into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then cool completely on wire rack. 
Enjoy!

Comment Question:
1. i'm thinking of investing in a Nikon Coolpix L120 - any thoughts on that camera or a similar one in about the same price range? (or less expensive, if possible)


Featured in this list: http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/05/sweet-indulgences-sunday-5.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the party on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday! Your cookies look delicious. I love a good sugar cookie and cinnamon just make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so tasty. I love Sugar Cookies, but never had it with sprinkled cinnamon on top. Something I'll have to try next time :)

    ReplyDelete